R116.60 – R509.57
Horehound Tincture(Marrubium vulgare) HAB 4a, 1:10 extraction in 62 percent ethanol. Prepared according to the German herbal pharmacopeia.
Background of Horehound Tincture
Horehound tincture is commonly used to stimulate appetite, relieve irritable bowel disorders such as gas and bloating. It is also used to lessen mucus buildup in the throat and lungs.
Since ancient Egypt, white horehound has been helped to remove mucus from the lungs and throat. Native American and Australian Aboriginal medicines used white horehound to treat lung conditions.
White horehound has been known to treat heartburn and to stimulate the secretion of bile acid. It has been reported to cause low blood pressure, low blood sugar and abnormal heart rhythms.
- There is limited evidence on the safety of horehound tincture.
- Avoid using the horehound tincture if you have any known allergies to the plant.
- Avoid taking horehound during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It may have some uterine stimulant qualities.
- Take caution when using with low blood pressure medications.
- Monitor a patient closely who has low blood sugar and may be taking insulin or any medication for diabetes.
50ml, 100ml, 200ml, 500ml