R128.02 – R559.49
Nettle Tincture (Urtica Urens)HAB 4a, 1:10 extraction in 62 percent ethanol. Prepared according to the German herbal pharmacopeia.
Background of Nettle Tincture
Nettle can be found growing worldwide in waste areas. Traditionally nettle tincture is used as a supportive treatment for swollen joints, or with medication and treatments to counteract swollen joints. The fresh plant juice of nettle is confirmed to be a mild diuretic. In folk medicine nettle is used in tea or as a fresh pressed plant juice. When taken orally as a ‘blood-building’ tonic to treat swollen joints and muscles. It promotes wound healing and gallbladder disorders. It was also used for treating an overly oily scalp externally.
Presently it is used internally for detoxing purposes and ridding the body of water retention. It is also used to treat lower urinary tract diseases and to prevent or treat the formation of kidney gravel also known as blood in the urine due to kidney stones.
- Nettle tincture rarely may cause allergies. Skin irritation, swelling, small amounts of urine produced and stomach irritation have been observed.
- There are no known contraindications for nettle.
- Nettle tincture has also not shown any known side effects.
- When using this product to detox or to rid the body of excess fluid, make sure to drink lots of water.
- The nettle tincture does not have any known interactions with other drugs or herbs.
50ml, 100ml, 200ml, 500ml