Propylene glycol extracts or Hydro-glycol extracts are herbal extractions prepared according to a proprietary propylene glycol and water extraction method developed by W.Last.
The final product comprises of a mixture of propylene glycol and water with a wide variety of applications. Propylene glycol is (GRAS) generally regarded as safe by the FDA and also forms part of many food products in the European Union.
- Creams, gels and other topicals.
- Syrups and suspensions
- Vaping solutions
- Food industry (flavours)
- Pleasant tasting and non-toxic compared to other solvents.
- Suitable for children.
- Extremely low freezing point (can be kept in very cold climates). Or used in frozen food products and desserts.
- Alcohol free
- Suitable for religious groups and vegans
- Can be toxic when taken orally at extremely high doses.
- A slightly lower propensity to extract non-polar compounds from herbs than alcohol.