W.Last started off originally as Flemmings pharmacy in the early 1900’s. Flemmings pharmacy was a retail pharmacy situated in Johannesburg city CBD. In 1942 the pharmacy changed names and became W.Last pharmacy. W.Last pharmacy was registered as a retail pharmacy servicing the Johannesburg community with orthodox pharmaceutical preparations, but due to high demand, W.Last started to import herbal and homeopathic preparation from around the world. Eventually starting to produce its own W.Last brand of products with primary compounding being done in South Africa.
In the 1990’s W.Last relocated to Cape Town and began distribution & manufacture of its own branded products. A pharmacist Wilhem Venter owned W.Last at this point and W.Last was registered as a distribution pharmacy with the South African pharmacy council.
In late 2002 Wilhem Venter sold W.Last to Dr. Glenn Ferguson a registered homeopath. Dr. Ferguson moved W.Last back to Johannesburg.
W.Last has continued to use it’s homeopathic compounding dispensary to supply practitioners and in 2009 employed a full-time pharmacist who is currently still involved in the company operations.